This definitely satisfies a chocolate craving without the guilt!
Protein Cheesecake Mousse
- 1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese
- 1/2 scoop chocolate protein powder
- 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2-4 packets splenda or sweetener of choice
Place everything in a food processor and blend/mix for about 2-3 minutes, or until cottage cheese reaches an airy-mousse like consistency. Serve immediately, or chill in the fridge in a covered container!
Sodium: 430mgCalcium: 150mgVitamin A: 200IUSugar: 5gFiber: 2gPotassium: 90mgCholesterol: 15mgCalories: 170kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 3gProtein: 27gCarbohydrates: 8gIron: 0.2mg
This recipe is a great alternative to bread. It may take you a couple of times of making this recipe to get the hang of it. There is definitely a art to making these.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1/4 cup cream cheese
- 1 tsp italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
Preheat oven to 300 degrees. If you have a convection oven, set on convect.
Line to baking sheets with parchment paper.
Separate the egg whites from egg yolks. Place the whites in a mixer with whip attachment. Add cream tartar and beat on high until the froth turns into firm meringue peaks. Move to a separate bowl.
Place the cream cheese into the mixing bowl and beat on high until soft. Then add egg yolks one at a time to blend. Scrape the bowl and beat the mixture until smooth. Then beat in seasoning, salt and garlic powder.
Gently fold in the meringue into the yolk mixture. Try to deflate the meringue as little as possible, so the mixture is still firm and foamy.
Spoon 1/4 cup mixture portions onto the baking sheets and spread into 4 inch even circles about 3/4 inch high. Make sure to leave space between each one as they will speed when baking.
Bake on convection for 15-18 minutes or in a conventional oven for up to 30 minutes. The bread will be golden on the outside and firm when done.
Cool for several minutes then move and serve.
Here are a few tips:
- When making cloud bread make sure to whip the egg whites and cream of tartar first. This mixture needs to be extremely firm for the bread to bake successfully. The cream of tartar acts as a stabilizer.
- Then beat the cream cheese, egg yolks and seasoning separately. Tis mixture needs to be smooth.
- Fold the two egg mixtures together, spoon the mixture onto baking sheets and bake.
Sodium: 57mgCalcium: 20mgVitamin A: 250IUSugar: 0.2gPotassium: 31mgCholesterol: 100mgCalories: 55kcalSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 4gProtein: 3gCarbohydrates: 1gIron: 0.4mg