Ham, Egg & Cheese Pockets
These irresistible Ham, Egg and Cheese Pockets are super easy to make and will definitely be a favorite!
- 1 each low carb Mission tortilla
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 ounce cheese
- 2 ounces ham
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place a piece of foil on a cookie sheet. I used 1 per pocket made.
- Spray the foil with nonstick spray.
- Place the tortilla on the foil.
- Place ham in the middle of the tortilla, making sure you arrange it to it is flat, not a mound.
- Place the shredded cheese in the middle of the ham, then form into a ring.
- Working quickly, crack (one pocket at a time) crack an egg into the ring then fold the bottom and top edges in, then the left and right side to form a package. Make sure the tortilla covers the entire egg. Then wrap in the foil. DO NO TURN UPSIDE DOWN!
- Place on baking sheet.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Check to ensure the yolk is cooked by poking the pocket, you will feel the dome shape of the yolk. The base and the edges should be crispy and the top will be soft.
- Unwrap immediately and serve hot!
- To cut down on the fat, you can swap the egg for 3 TBSP egg whites or use a light cheese. If you are trying to swap the ham out for bacon keep in mind you will increase the fat in this dish.
Sodium: 1111mgCalcium: 2240mgVitamin A: 4000IUSugar: 2.2gFiber: 15gPotassium: 279mgCholesterol: 241mgCalories: 312kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 2.3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2.5gSaturated Fat: 18.3gFat: 18.3gProtein: 28.3gCarbohydrates: 22.4gIron: 1.6mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!