Enjoy this simple but flavorful dish!
**Recipe nutritional facts calculated with 1/4c rice and 6 shrimp. To lower carbs use cauliflower rice.
Cajun Shrimp Etoufee
- 1.5 cups brown or jasmine rice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 each onion, chopped
- 1 each green bell pepper, diced
- 2-3 stalks celery, diced
- 1 15 oz can no salt added diced tomatoes
- 1.5 cup broth seafood or vegetable
- 2 TBSP old bay seasoning
- 1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1.5 lb shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 TBSP hot sauce
- Cook the rice per the package details. This will take 30-40 minutes.
- Whisk the oil and flour together in a skillet. Cook over medium or medium-high heat, stirring consistently for about 10 minutes or until the mixture is a peanut butter color. You will need to consistently stir or the flour will burn.
- Stir in the pepper, onion, and celery. Sauté covered for about 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Mix in the tomatoes, 1 cup of the broth, old bay seasoning and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil and let simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes. If to thick add in remainder of broth.
- Mix in the shrimp and hot sauce. Cook for 2-5 minutes or until the shrimp or opaque. Remove from heat.
- Serve over cooked rice.
- To make low carb you can use cauliflower rice.
Sodium: 505mgCalcium: 2mgSugar: 3gFiber: 1gPotassium: 22mgCholesterol: 70mgCalories: 201kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 6gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gFat: 10gProtein: 30gCarbohydrates: 17gIron: 0.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!