- 2 pounds 93/7 ground turkey
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 packages dry onion soup mix
- 1/2 cup egg whites
- 2 TBSP butter
- 2 TBSP flour
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- 1 1/2 TBSP Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat Skillet to Medium Heat
- In large bowl mix ground turkey, onion, onion soup mix, and egg whites. Shape into 1 1/2-2 inch meatballs. Heat over medium heat in large non-stick skillet. Add meatballs and cook until browned on all sides. Do not crowd the skillet. If necessary work in batches.
- Once meatballs are cooked, add in 1 large can of cream of mushroom soup.
- Melt butter in same skillet over medium low heat. Whisk in flour and cook for 2-3 minutes; whisking constantly. Whisk in beef broth, garlic powder, onion powder, Worcestershire sauce, cream and oregano in large skillet. Simmer for 15 minutes. Add meatballs to skillet and spoon sauce over meatballs. Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
- Serve over cauliflower rice or rice.
Four ways to keep your meatballs round!
- Refrigerate – after rolling the meatballs store covered in the refrigerator for at least one hour or up to 24 hours.
- Freeze – Place the meatballs on a cookie covered with parchment paper. They can be close together but not touching. Place them in the freezer until frozen. You can cook from frozen or transfer to freezer bags. They are good for up to three months.
- Bake – Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 375 degrees for about 20 minutes or until cooked through. This method works fairly well because the meatballs are not turned like on the stove top.
- Simmer in liquid – drop into simmering broth until they are partially cooked. When they float remove them to paper towels and then brown in a skillet or in the oven.
Sodium: 534mgCalcium: 40mgVitamin C: 1.7mgVitamin A: 150IUSugar: 2gFiber: 1gPotassium: 63mgCholesterol: 45mgCalories: 135kcalMonounsaturated Fat: 0.04gPolyunsaturated Fat: 0.02gSaturated Fat: 2gFat: 6gProtein: 13gCarbohydrates: 6gIron: 1.1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!